Monday, September 17, 2007

MA No More, Student No More, Escape From Real World No More

Week Forty – nine: Sunday 2 – Saturday 8 September

Well, the course work has been handed in: two copies of 30 000 carefully crafted words. The holiday to Spain never happened, mopping about the house became boring, now it is time to face the facts.

The main fact is I need a job! It has been a great year being a student. Not having to work is a pleasure, particularly in the world today when so many jobs seem as appealing as acute sunburn.

Ideally I get my book published, starting a long and successful career as a writer of creative non-fiction, and start getting screenwriting commissions.

The reality is I will have to get a full-time job of some description, take any and every writing job that comes my way and push non-fiction and screenwriting in my own spare time.

Sob, sob … poor me! Well, hardly. A break would be helpful, I’ll keep the dream alive, but now is the time to get on with things!

No comments: