Saturday, May 26, 2007

Keep The Faith

Week Thirty – four: Sunday 20 – Saturday 26 May

The course I am studying has reached the ‘crucial’ point: the MA proposals have been presented to a panel of peers and tutors; supervisors have been appointed; teaching is finished.

We are now on our own, more or less, to sit down and write our novel, script, non-fiction book, or whatever. It suddenly feels like quite a daunting task.

Daunting tasks can lead to all sorts of displacement behaviour to avoid the daunting task in hand. But like a taxi driver who will only make money if they are in the driver’s seat of their cab with the ‘FOR HIRE’ sign lit, I will only produce my major piece of work if I sit on my desk chair in front of my switched on computer and start to write.

The presentations took place on Monday; the party afterwards went on until early Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday slipped by unproductively; Friday was taken up with some filming. Now it is Saturday already.

Time to get focused, disciplined and on with the job!

1 comment:

tones! said...

Keep the faith
& Bon Chance Mon Amor!